Thursday, August 1, 2013

Seeing the bright side of disappointment



I think this is a lesson that everyone needs at some point in life. I lean on that lesson all the time. Today the promotion results came out for everyone that will be promoting to Staff Sergeant this coming year. I was unfortunately not on that list.  So that means I will have to try again at the test next May and I may or may not get to promote some time in 2015. So I could sit around and wallow about not getting a raise for over a year or it making me not sure about whether or not I should continue my Air Force career beyond this enlistment. However that wont change anything and it will just be added stress for me and my poor unborn son. So I wont, I am going to rejoice for my friends that did get selected and study harder for the test next year. That being said I am not saying that I didn't cry for a moment in disappointment but I have another year to learn all I can for the NCOs around me and then I can take on the responsibility with more knowledge and experience.  So my challenge to everyone is to find a silver lining today. Running late? Maybe you would have been part of that fender bender you just passed if you had been on time. Got spit up on and had to change? Maybe the shirt you change into will look even better then the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment