Saturday, November 2, 2013

Visiting the dead!



Living in the heart of Texas there is a large Mexican-American community so there is a Dia de los Muertos festival. Yesterday my boyfriend and I took our son downtown to see the sights. I also really wanted to try a sugar skull, a pressed sugar skull that is decorated in bright colors. We went a little early so there was not a lot of things going on yet, but the colors where amazing and the alters that people had erected to loves ones where very impressive. Out of respect I did not take any pictures of the alters.  While we were there I purchased a sugar skull and one of my  Texas favorites ribbon fries. I fully enjoyed both and I definitely recommend the San Antonio Dia de los Muertos festival to everyone! It was a great time and next year I think we will try to make our own sugar skulls!

No comments:

Post a Comment