Monday, October 14, 2013

Booby problems.
















Well now that all the grandparents have gone home after coming to meet Jameson I am so ready to settle into being a family of three! Though it will only be a few weeks before I am back at work and my boys are left to their own devices durning the day, so I am already pondering my breast milk supply. When my milk first came in I had WAY too much, I was pumping 12 ounces twice a day and still feeding just fine. However with all the running around and stressing I haven't been drinking as much water as I should and drinking too much caffeine so I have seen a huge decrease in production. So of course being a woman of our day and age I searched the internet for things that help and this is what I found.

Flax seed (High in Fiber)
Brewers Yeast (Made from ground hops. Bakers Yeast does not have the same effects)
Whole Wheat (again Fiber)
Teas made from a host of ingredients including
Fennel seeds Goat's rue Blessed thistleAlfalfa Anise seedsfenugreek seedsred raspberry leavesstinging nettle leavesmilk thistle seeds and a whole host of other things.
And last but certainly not least water.

The first two people suggest adding to oatmeal. I find that particular breakfast unappealing so I choose not to partake. However adding it to Oatmeal Cookies worked out beautifully. The actual increase in production hasn't been huge an ounce or two at most during a pumping session but every little bit ads to my store so I am tickled pink. The effects are only good for a little while though so my rule of thumb is two cookies and 16 ounces of water about 20 minutes before I go pump.

I have yet to try any of the teas so I cant really comment on the effectiveness. Water just makes a ton of sense, your body cant create
liquid if it doesn't have enough for itself and then some so bottoms up!

Is there anything else that helped you? Help all of us new moms by sharing your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment